Competitors are a great source of talent–if you know how to access their best workers. Competitor search allows you to find candidates who have, or currently work at a competitor, and include them in your slate of candidates.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- How to do a competitor search from scratch
- How to conduct a competitor search within an existing search
- How to View & Manage your (company) Lists
How to do a Competitor Search from Scratch
- Click on the Buildings Icon on the left-hand side panel menu to start a Company Search. There are two ways of doing a Company Search: a query search model, or a simple search of a specific company.
- Select the By Query tab, and fill in the relevant search inputs for the three company search drawers: Sector/Industry/Vertical, Company Characteristics, and Company Events.
- Select the By Name tab, and type in the name of the company.
A list of Suggested Companies will pop up. You can choose competitors that you’d like to search in from this list, and then click Add to List.
- Select the list where you wish to save your selections, or click on Create a New List.
- Type new list name, click Create. Lists can be nested under an existing or new category.
- Go to Lists by clicking on the List Icon on the left-hand side panel menu.
- Select the List you created in the previous steps.
- Select companies within your List. Click Find People.
- A Create a New Role landing page will appear. Proceed to create a role.
- This candidate slate will feature only candidates who have worked for or currently work at the companies specified on your competitor list.
How to do a Competitor Search from an Existing Role - Candidate Slate View.
- Click on the “Companies” Search input drawer.
- Open the ‘Selected Companies” Sub-drawer. Click on “Select Company List”.
- On the pop-up, select company list (if previously created via company search & lists). Click “Select”.
- If no list had been previously created; you can either create a list via the ‘Company Search & Lists” functionalities, or you can proceed to manually fill the rest of the ‘Companies’ inputs to match those of your competitors.
How to View & Manage your Company Lists.
Lists are available to all users from the same entity for increased collaboration and transparency.
Any list or category created by a user is automatically available to all the organizations’ users.
View available Lists
1- Click on the List Icon to view your Company Lists dashboards.
2- To view all current and active categories and lists click on the ‘Company Lists’ Tab.
Click on the three dots to the right of the list name to clone the list, deprecate the list and archive it, edit its name or move it to another category.
A- Click on the three dots to the right the list name, click on Edit List Name
B- On the pop-up, type your new list name, then click ‘Rename’
Clone the List
A- Click on the three dots to the right the list name, click on Clone List
B- On the pop-up, type your new (cloned) list name, save it under the desired category, then click ‘Clone’.
Move the List
A- Click on the three dots to the right the list name, click on Move List
B- On the pop-up, create or choose the new list category where you want to relocate your list, then click ‘Move’.
3- To view Censia’s pre-curated lists click on the ‘Top-Ranked Lists’ tab.
Please note that Top-ranked lists can’t be edited, archived or added to other categories. However, companies in those lists can be added to your own lists.
Adding a Top-ranked company to your list
A- Select the company (or companies) you wish to add to you list by checking the box to the left of the company name
B- Hover over the selected company (will turn green), then click ‘Add to List’
C- On the pop-up, create or choose the new list name and/or category where you want to add the company, then click ‘Apply’.
Archive a List
Once you’re done with a List, or filled a role (or discontinued the search) you can archive the List. This will help keep your Company List tab less cluttered.
Lists cannot be permanently deleted. Instead, deprecated Lists will be saved under the Archived Lists tab in your Company Lists Module and can be reopened at a later time.
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the Lists you want to deprecate and select Archive List.
- On the pop-up, click Archive.
How to Reopen an Archived List
- Click the Archived Lists tab in the Company Lists Module.
- Click on the three gray circles next to the list or category you wish to reopen, click ‘Reopen List’ or ‘Reopen Category’.
- Your reopened lists and categories will appear in the Company Lists tab in your Company Lists Module.
Please sign in to leave a comment.